It’s still winter… but on the bright side, it’s still soup season! 🙂 This soup is delicious, nutritious and easy to make. I hope you’ll try it for your meal prep this weekend.
-2 Medium butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
-1 T Olive Oil
-4 cloves of garlic
-32 oz Chicken or Vegetable broth
-1 tsp cinnamon
-½ tsp cumin
-½ tsp garlic powder
-½ tsp onion powder
-½ tsp salt
-pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
- Lay squash skin side down on an oiled baking sheet
- Lift up each squash and place one garlic clove into the seed pocket of each squash half.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until squash is soft, but not dried out. Remove from the oven. Let squash rest until it is cool enough to handle.
- Peel squash; discard skin.
- Place squash, ONE cup of broth, and One garlic clove into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large pot. Repeat this process until all of the squash broth, and garlic have been blended.
- Mix spices in a separate bowl and then add to the pot.
- Cover pot. Cook on medium high heat for 5-8 minutes. If soup is too thick you can add water.
- Garnish with a dollop of greek yogurt and a dash of cinnamon.