Hey everyone! I have a great warm stew recipe for you for these cold winter nights. It’s full of plant-based protein from the lentils and lots of green leafy kale. Here’s the recipe…I hope you’ll try it for your meal prep this week!!
-1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 cup onion, diced
– 1 cup celery, diced
-1 cup carrots, diced
– 1 cup dry green lentils
-4 cups vegetables broth + more to thin if desired
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp cumin
-1/4 tsp coriander
– 1 large sweet potato, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
– 4 cups kale, center rib removed and chopped finely
-2 tsp red wine vinegar
-Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery
and carrots and sauté until softened, about ten minutes.
2. Add lentils, broth, water, salt, garlic, cumin and coriander. Stir together and
bring to a boil. Once soup has reached a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer,
covered for 20 minutes.
3. Add chopped potatoes and simmer, covered for 15 more minutes or until
potatoes are fork tender.
4. Add kale and simmer, covered for 5 more minutes, or until kale is wilted.
5. Remove from heat and stir in red wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt and