Oat Muffins…Summer edition
I decided to tweak my original strawberry muffin recipe for this week! While I love seeing all the fresh fruit at the grocery store, as the season changes, strawberries don’t look as appetizing. Guess what? You can buy freeze dried fruit~strawberries included! The local Kroger I shop at had a bag of strawberry and bananas mixed, so I thought it a perfect addition to my usual blender muffin recipe.
The fam and I think they are pretty yummy.
I hope you’ll try it in your meal prep this weekend.
Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins
Ingredients and Instructions:
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with olive oil
cooking spray or line with paper liners, lightly spray them as well, set aside.
2. Blend Dry Ingredients and Set Aside in a bowl:
~2 Cups Whole Oats
~1 tsp baking soda
~1/2 tsp salt
3. Blend these ingredients and then mix into the above ingredients
~1 ripe banana
~Two individual containers of Fage Strawberry Greek Yogurt. Scoop in the side car
of strawberry fruit and the yogurt from both containers. You can also use plain Greek yogurt and use 1 tbsp. clean strawberry preserves.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients
5. Fold in 3/4 cup freeze dried strawberries and bananas, and spoon evenly into the 12 cup muffin pan.
6. Garnish each muffin with a small banana and strawberry slice. (optional)
7. Drizzle the top of each muffin with a tiny bit of honey.
8. Bake for 18 minutes, until the tops of the muffins set and a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
9. Remove from the pan and enjoy or store in the fridge and enjoy throughout the
week. *Important to store in fridge as there is greek yogurt and no preservatives in